The third generation of the web, similar to the transition from a predominantly agricultural society to a more industrialized society, will mark the next evolution in information exchange. A computing architecture designed to put humans at the center and privacy first. Blockchain technology also brings a new way to interact with the Internet and will fundamentally change the way we interact with each other. In this regard, Mahesh Vellanki, one of the managers of SuperLayer and co-founder of Rally, in a noteThe website Cointelegraph presents 10 predictions for digital currencies that can be expected to happen in 2023.
1. The value of venture investments in the field of digital currencies will continue to decrease until the first half of 2023, which is not necessarily a bad thing; Rather, it indicates the balancing of investments at a reasonable level. Investors don’t want to invest in falling assets. Therefore, they wait for the start of an uptrend while they check macroeconomic problems and the risk of a global recession. At the same time, new layer 1 and layer 2 blockchains, layer 0 operability systems and inter-chain bridges, lending and trading protocols will continue to receive funding to fill the void created by changes caused by recent hacks, treasury shortfalls, regulatory changes and exchange crashes.
2. In 2023, the first anarchic characteristics of the third generation web will disappear, which eliminated the need for the presence of big brands. Participants eventually realize that in the absence of money from big brands, all they have is a digital currency whose value depends only on the capital of users and dealers. Instead, these projects use big brands and their advertising, marketing and sponsor capital to realize the dream of Web 3.0 by distributing these externally targeted funds to real users. 2G Web brands, such as Nike, Starbucks, and Meta, will continue to experiment with 3G Web, focusing on atypical tokens as the ideal format and emphasizing customer acquisition and monetization.
3. People will realize that the way many people think about what society means in Web 3.0 is wrong. Community was often just a term of endearment mainly used to describe a group of Discord brokers who shared the common dream of getting rich quick and then abandoned it after the project stopped growing. While witnessing exceptions such as strong and committed Defa communities and movement Decentralized Autonomous Organizations (DAOs)From online to offline, we will be like LinksDAO. In 2023, we will realize that the ideal of the third generation web of project/community fit was just project/dealer fit. Therefore, we cannot ignore the principles of true product/market fit.
4. By reducing the costs of developing web 3.0 programs and increasing the costs of user acquisition, we will focus on increasing quality and discovering new achievements. The third generation web will have its own app store and advertising platform that will help developers and users find each other more effectively. Initially, layer 1 blockchains and wallets will compete for such a position, but a new player will likely take control. The prevalence of third-generation web applications in 2023 will be more like the highly downloaded and best-selling applications in the early days of the release of smart phones, such as Angry Berezed in 2009; Programs with simple user experience and intuitive graphics but with innovative mechanisms for interaction and earning.
5.The current trend towards sustainability in games, which is more or less due to Oxy-Infinity’s problems, is creating a wave of products with built-in sustainability that lack the ephemeral nature of cryptocurrency trading. This process creates a monotonous and neutral experience for players that just looks like a copy of current web 2.0 video games. Over time, game developers will relearn that market trading is part of the fun and then try to incorporate it into games in healthy and responsible ways.
6.The third generation of the web will continue to develop its niche market by offering applications based on some of the core blockchain components that are functionally similar to existing businesses. A niche market is a small marginal part of the market that is focused on a special need or a special product. These programs create a niche market of users who want the same core product common in Web 2.0, but are also interested in Web 3.0; Something like Amazon as an online bookstore or Robin Hood as a stock trading app, but in the Web 3.0 space. These programs will differentiate themselves largely in marketing and creating an experience, rather than the core product. Finally, few of them invest in disruptive technologies like Amazon.
7. To manage compliance and overhead costs, blockchain applications will increasingly rely on existing tokens with large market capitalization to power the mechanisms associated with the tokens.Ethereum It will delay the implementation of its roadmap in 2023, but as soon as it finally does Sharding launched to reduce fee costs, competing Layer 1 blockchains will see their users lose interest.
8. Stablecoins They find more use cases outside of cryptocurrency capital markets. This will lead to their acceptance as the main stream of payment and the entry of new ideas into the space of the third generation of the web. The research and development of private and public blockchains will also continue with the introduction of some public centralized infrastructures such as national digital currencies (CBDC) or the development of market infrastructure (exchange).
9. The intensity of culture wars over digital currencies will increase by the end of 2023 and will continue until the US presidential election. The boom and bust of the market, along with unexpected hacks such as the Wormhole platform hack, investing in high-risk projects such as Tra And obvious scams like SafeMoon will continue. More politicians will take strong stances on digital currencies. However, the US government is still undecided about the legislation, which will be detrimental to the cryptocurrency industry. Any new law enacted will not be perfect and could still allow risky projects to slip through the cracks.
10. As manufacturers continue to develop applications during the bear market, we will reach a point in 2023 where new innovations beyond existing trends, such as NFT profile picture projects,Play for money And layer 1 solutions will emerge. These new innovations will drive the next market cycle and hopefully these new frameworks, usability and real consumer adoption will bring a few hundred million new cryptocurrency users.
Finally, uncertainty about the future can also represent opportunities, and those who are able to adapt quickly will benefit from this market when significant changes occur.